Wednesday, April 9, 2008

On being Sick



I spent most of Sunday night sick, running to the bathroom. That's always fun, but what is better I have discovered is trying to take care of kids the next day when I am really tired and still not feeling very stellar. Avery is not at all cooperative here since she doesn't like to nap. I could get her to sleep for about twenty minutes. I would proceed to spend the next half hour trying to convince her to sleep, nap for twenty minutes and so on. Kids have no sympathy! Cade came home early from Landa's since Matt was sick, but he luckily decided he was tired and took a three hour afternoon nap. Hooray for Cade.

The best part so far has been none of the kids or Rance has got sick. I guess at least Cade still wears a diaper so if he gets diarrhea it is contained a little bit, but how do you convince them to puke in a bowl or the toilet? Sounds like the sickness made it's rounds anyway, Carter had it and my Dad was sick. Jami was feeling too great, Grandma Betty had it. Rance is till convinced he is going to be next. I hope by now he and the kids are in the clear! He is possibly going to North Dakota this weekend to pick up a tractor and help ship some of his Grandpa Johnny's old cars up to Ronan, so that is when he thinks he will get sick.

Here also is a picture of Cade after he ate spaghetti a couple of nights ago.. in his cowboy hat!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

bleh, to being sick! Keenan has been sick too. Not too bad though, just a fever and a little bit of diarrhea. Hasn't slowed him down much.

Deb said...

I remember when you and Jami would do the same thing as Cade. Books from the bookcase scattered, clothes from your drawers everywhere. But, you were sooooo happy. Mom