Friday, April 4, 2008

Cowboy Small


Cade was very insistent about wearing his boots, wranglers and belt this morning and then of course had to wear his cowboy hat. Monkey see, monkey do! He didn't want to take his coat off for the pictures though so you can't quite see the whole effect. He has a great book called Cowboy Small and we have to read that one a lot. Cowboy Small has a horse named Cactus so we call Cade's little rocking horse Cactus now. He sits on him and pulls on the ears until he gets it to sing the sing "I'm a little pony clippety clop clippety clop, such a pretty pony.." I could go on I've only heard it a couple hundred times. He then rides like crazy until the song is almost over and he starts pulling up on the ears again to get the song to start over so he can start riding again. If it takes to many pulls to get the song he starts getting mad. The one at my mom's house won't sing the song anymore only make horse sounds and say "I like when you brush me" and "Let's go for a ride" It sure makes Cade upset. He pulls and pulls and pulls on the ears and alas no song.
We spent the morning at my Mom's which I think my Dad was happy about because then my Mom cooks him lunch and Clint got to benefit from that also. Corrine had worked a night shift and so she wasn't going to be cooking lunch for him either. After lunch I took the kids home and it was naptime. Except Avery wasn't tired anymore so I stayed up with her. Cade slept until Avery went to sleep. I took Cade outside except then Avery woke up so I had to drag poor Cade back inside and that in his book was a tragedy! Poor Cade!

2 comments:

Jami said...

I LOVE Cowboy Small. I can't tell you how many times we've read that book since Aunty Linda got it for Carter. She sometimes calls her pink stick horse Cactus. Cade looks so dang cute all decked out in his cowboy gear.

Linda Anne aka Old Queen, Wicked Stepmother, & Fav'rite Aunty said...

Yes, Aunty claims all the credit for Cowboy Small! I have other good books the kids MUST have. Please get them a copy of Jo Mora's "Budgee Budgee Cottontail" and Will James' "Young Cowboy" and all of Thornton Burgess' Mother West Wind stories and James Herriot's "Bonny's Big Day" -- I'm on a saving money so I can eat when I get old regimen so you have to buy the books yourself. All four of you (JJ, Cristy, Jess, & Corinne) need to get them for your darlings. xxxooo