My first day back at work was a little rough getting started but it turned out pretty good. I work up to feed Avery at about 2 in the morning and then couldn't get back to sleep. I was worried my alarm wouldn't wake me up, I wouldn't get everything done in the morning in time or that I would forget something I needed when I left for work. I cried when I had to leave it is so hard to leave them the first time. Rance was afraid I was going to go in and wake up Avery before I left, since he takes them down to the babysitter in the morning. I was nice and let them both sleep.
They had a memorial service at work for Lillian first thing in the morning so that was hard also. I can't imagine losing a sister. Mine mean so much to me and are my best friends.
The rest of the day was pretty smooth. I worked with some fun people and pretty soon it was time to go home! Hooray. Landa said the morning with Avery was a little rough but the afternoon went pretty well.
Today I am off then I work Wednesday and Thursday. I don't have any call until next weekend. Not really looking forward to that! Dad is branding some of the calves this afternoon so I will have to try to get Cade over to that for a little while as it is really nice out today.
3 comments:
Bummer... I bet your leave went fast! Poor Avery just wanted her mama!
It's so hard to be a mom...we are pulled in so many directions and trying to make it all work is just so dang tough! Your kids are lucky to have you as a mommy! And me as an Aunty!
I remember crying too when I went back to work. There will be days when you think that you should just quit and stay home if it wasn't for all the dang bills and health insurance. I am proud of all you girls and can see that you each have become a great mother.
Post a Comment