Cade thought all of the dandelions on my mom's lawn were pretty and was picking as many of them as he could and collecting them in the wagon. He had a great time playing outside most of the morning, plus getting to go to the branding and help his dad hold some calves. By nap time he was a tired and worn out little boy. He took a three hour nap and still went to bed early. I love how the sunshine seems to wear out little kids.
Avery is starting to play with toys a little or rather she is starting to put them in her mouth. So far Cade hasn't grabbed any toys from her and screamed "MINE!" but I am sure that will be coming. He has been good about bringing her toys and must not think she is too horrible because he still likes to sit and have her put on his lap for about twenty seconds while he slobbers (kisses) on her face.
Notice Cade in the background in the picture below. He is so helpful to Avery when she is doing tummy time. Sometimes he tries to climb on her back. My mom had a birthday on the 7th and Rance's mom had one on the 9th so Happy Birthday to our Mommies as well as Happy Mother's Day!
I was on call Mother's Day weekend and only had to work a little bit Saturday Afternoon. I think they were being nice to me because everyone else worked quite a bit more than that. Saturday was a very busy day for them. The people who were on first call worked about 17 hours. I was only second call Saturday. First call on Sunday, but we have a day shift on Saturday and Sunday now and even a night crew so that has really cut down on the hours we work on call. Believe it or not some people even complain about not getting in enough call hours anymore. The money is really nice but now that I have babies I would rather stay home with them! All in all I had a pretty relaxing mothers day and even got Rance to do the dishes for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment