Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Fun

I liked the contrast of the wildflowers in the sippy cup verses the miniature roses in the shiny paper. The roses look so sophisticated and elegant while the wildflowers look relaxed and fun. Too bad my kitchen window wasn't looking a little cleaner. sigh.
Cade and I went outside this morning while Avery was napping and I pulled a small portion of the gobs of purple mustard I have invading my yard. I never understood why dad called it a weed when we picked pretty bouquets with it when I was younger, now I do! what an invasive weed. At least it is easy to pull and it gives my hiney a workout while I am bending over to pull out one after another. Cade even wore his sunglasses for a short time. Usually he pulls them off right away.


I tried to hook up one of the hoses and give my trees a little sip of water since it hasn't been raining nearly enough. But when I turned on the water the dang hose had small leaks all over it. The one you can see in the picture above is the worst one. Plus it was all kinked up and knotted. I guess it didn't winter so well. I didn't have time to try another hose however since Cade played in the water, got wet and then was cold. So we went in to change into dry clothes and little Miss Avery was awake.

cade spent the rest of the morning at my parents house running around outside with Carter. By the time I went to get him he was ready for a nap. (Crabby!) So the kids are both sleeping and I am getting caught up on other things!

No comments: