Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunshine Day



Today is a gorgeous day out! The sun is shining and the wind is just a nice little breeze. Rance decided to burn the old hay pile last night and the wind decided to blow it at us all night so the fresh air today is wonderful!!! Cade is feeling quite a bit better he still has a bit of a fever but after a long morning nap he is outside in the skid steer with his Dad. He can't get enough of being outside with his Dad especially when the weather is so nice. I took Avery out for a little bit, but she wasn't too impressed with the bright sun or the bit of breeze when it would hit her in the face. It is too nice to be cooped up in the house for long though so we will try it again here in a bit.
Friday I left both kids at Mom's for an hour and a half and had my hair trimmed. It wasn't the same lady who did it last time, Tami but a Cheryl and I don't think I am super in love with it. Rance still hasn't said a word about it. I know he has noticed because he likes my hair long and I cut about four inches off it. It is noticeable. I even fixed it yesterday and nothing. He probably figures if he doesn't have anything good to say he should just keep his mouth shut.


We picked up some blue spruce and ash trees today. Hopefully someday we will have some shade around here. We've been tryning to figure out what we are going to do with our yard, the big dirt pile in it, landscaping around the house etc. I can't wait to have a little piece of lawn. Cade thinks the dirt pile is loads of fun, but I am sure tired of it. He can make do with a sand box. I was hoping to have a garden this summer, but have decided to put it off for one more year until both kids can be "helpful". Avery doesn't nap long enough for me to do anything outside and it's too hot and windy in the summer too just lay her out on a blanket not to mention no shade!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Christy, I had long hair when your father & I married. That summer I had it cut off short. He came home, took one look at me in shock and said "I didn't marry you like that!" I did the appropiate new bride response and burst into tears. I never did grow my hair long again.

Jessica said...

I love the diaper hat!