
Both of the kids are sleeping...yoohoo! So I thought I would give this a go. I decided last night about the third time I dragging myself up out of bed to get Avery that if Rance really wants to have another kid, which he thinks that he does, that one will just have to survive on formula and Rance can have the great privilege of performing all the night duties while I lay in bed next to him and pretend to sleep. When I informed him of my great plan this morning he though I was kidding. At this point I'm really not. It's so much fun to look over and see him resting or whatever while I am feeding, rocking and otherwise trying to convince Avery her best option at the moment is sleep. I don't see a whole lot of point in asking him to help because it seems like whenever I give her to him in such moments she soon starts to cry and Rance becomes very certain Avery is hungry and promptly hands her back to me..thanks. I have also come to the conclusion that after your first child you sort of gloss over or forget how horrible the first couple of weeks are because you get to nap during the day whenever they do, but with number 2 there is no napping unless you can convince them both to be sleepy at the same time and then I lay there paranoid that someone is going to decide they really aren't all that tired.Cade got sick a week and a half ago, then Avery got sick, then me and then Rance. Of course by the time Cade felt better we were just getting sick. Rance and I spent most of the weekend and Monday on the couch feeling sorry for ourselves. Mostly I was really glad when Avery started doing better Sunday night. It is so scary when babies are sick. No thanks. So by Monday my house was a disaster zone and Rance's mom is coming in today for a visit. When i told Jami this she came right over with pork chops and cleaned my bathrooms while I made supper and cleaned the kitchen. Hooray for sisters! Carter also came over and Cade decided that Avery was his sister and Carter shouldn't be trying to kiss her.
No comments:
Post a Comment