Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Avery Starts on Solids



Avery is almost six months old and has been acting very interested in what happens at the dinner table so I introduced rice cereal last week. She did very well with it, in fact better than Cade ever did with it. He is still pretty sure rice cereal is nasty stuff. Last night I introduced sweet potatoes. So got a very surprised look on her face when I put the first spoonful in her mouth and never did quite figure out what to think of them! Notice her little tongue sticking out the corner of her mouth in the picture above. It just looked so goofy I had to post it. The bumbo chair has been wonderful and she is sitting in it really well these days.
My babysitter Landa has been gone last week and this week so I took all but Friday off this week and have been loving the extra time with the kids. I started cleaning out the closet in the office so that in a couple more months Avery can move out of the master bedroom and into her own room. I was going to make the kids share a room, but have changed my mind.

6 comments:

Linda Anne aka Old Queen, Wicked Stepmother, & Fav'rite Aunty said...

Does that mean Avery gets a room of her own, which also happens to be the office closet?

Linda Anne aka Old Queen, Wicked Stepmother, & Fav'rite Aunty said...

By the way, I LOVE your beautiful hair -- waht a heartbreak of Avery doesn't get it and yours was, er, orangutan orange from the get-go as I remember -- that, and stuck straight out. Your aunties feared for your looks for several months, I have to confess. But you turned out loverly...inside and out. xxxooo

Linda Anne aka Old Queen, Wicked Stepmother, & Fav'rite Aunty said...

delete "waht"
insert "what"
sigh

delete "of"
insert "if"
bigger sigh

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Avery gets the office, and the closet in it. sigh which means I have no more offife until we have money to do the basement... sigh

Shawna said...

Avery is sooo cute...I miss you all already.

Jessica said...

Avery's a doll! I love messy eating pictures... especially when I don't have to clean up!