Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Avery's Four Month Checkup

Poor little Miss Avery had to go get shots this morning. Cade spent the morning at the Fandek's house so I think he probably had a better time then Avery did. She is 24 and 3/4 inches and weighs 12 lbs 5 oz. She is in the 80th percentile for height and 25th for weight. Which is right about where Cade always is. I have tall skinny babies! Cade was 15 lbs and 26 1/4 inches at four months old. Avery is very petite in comparison, but is growing big!I got her a bumbo chair today. they are supposed to be very good for babies in developing core muscle strength at sitting up. Apparently they are recommended by physical therapists. I no sooner had it in the house and set on the floor and Cade had already decided it was his. I had to wait until he got out to sit Avery in it, which made Cade want to sit in it again.
















Carter and JAmi came over and Carter had to sit in it, which of course made Cade want to sit in it. they were fighting like brother and sister over it and well everything else Carter wanted to play with. After they left I put both kids down for a nap. They were both worn out from their mornings.

Grandma Betty sent me home with some rhubarb so I am going to attempt to make a pie out of it. She also sent me a recipe so hopefully I can make it work.














2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ugh! I hate taking Keenan in for his shots... always makes me feel so bad :( Good job on cooking a feast...kinda makes me hungry for some rhubarb.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, after a meal like that, no wonder Rance looked so happy this morning! I have been trying to make up in the kitchen what I was lacking for the last 4 months also! Cade loves peekaboo, Blake played with him quite a bit. It was so cute.